Monday, March 31, 2008

Old Navy makes you helpless



If this commercial is to be believed, Old Navy clothes render you incapable of performing simple everyday tasks such as: 1) making a phone call, 2) looking someone directly in the eye, 3) remembering not to leave your purse on the side of the road, 4) deciding for yourself whether to flirt with boys, and 5) opening a door. I'm even giving this girl a pass on the whole "deciding which shoes to wear" thing because this would be nearly impossible for me if I had as many shoes as she has, even if my Old Navy scarf wasn't sucking my brain cells dry.

This commercial irks me so much that I can't even enjoy it in that it's-pleasingly-annoying-like-an-Oasis-song sort of way. I just want to jump into my television and give that girl a big slap across the face. If he has to dial the phone for you and open the door, he won't respect you in the morning!

3 comments:

In case you wondered said...

I take it you have to go to Newark for the week.

Alison said...

nah, I'm just angry. I get to stay in manhattan after all and I don't have to go until tomorrow!

Poster Nutbag said...

i can't get past the tiny framed dead butterflies over the bed. i'm also not a fan of any of the patterns on the shoes - 80s wallpaper isn't fit for walls, much less foot apparel.