Monday, July 21, 2008

isn't it ironic?

Unless you are an undercover cop, the very best reason for using a public restroom is the XLerator. The XLerator is the most impressive hand dryer in the entire world. It provides air velocity of 16,000 LFM (linear feet per minute) which, in layman's terms, means it blows so hard that you can see all the veins and bones in your hand. I have a pre-existing fascination with the hand dryer because I have an extremely low tolerance for the nano-seconds between the time I leave the warm shower and when I am completely dry. An invention that will make somebody rich someday: a wall-mounted, person-high bank of hand dryers that can dry you off and keep you warm at the same time. Since there isn't one of these on the market yet, I compensate by drying myself with a hair dryer and a towel. So when I was trying to convince Blaine that we should buy five of these for the master bathroom and one for the kitchen (think of all the paper towels we could save! You (a noted germophobe) could wash your hands as much as you like and never use a single tree!) I spilled an entire mug of coffee on my computer, which required, wait for it. . . a whole roll of paper towels to clean up.

2 comments:

NikkiO said...

The Xlerator is the only reason I look forward to using the restrooms in the Nashville airport. Same thing goes for the automatic plastic seat covers in the New Orleans airport (and some in Midway). Yep, I'm a potty expert!

In case you wondered said...

They have one of these at the Regal Westgate movie theater in Austin. It makes me aware that my skin is not very well attached to my hand.