Thursday, September 11, 2008

here we go again

At the behest of my mayor, I attempted to evacuate before Hurricane Rita in 2005. I left at 4:30a.m. and spent seventeen hours in gridlock slowly going insane. I was running low on gas, not using the A/C, and had nothing to eat but liquified peanut butter. I never even made it to the Beltway before I had to turn around or face being stranded on the side of the road. By the time I got home after 8:00 that night, the stores were closed, the streets were deserted, and I was terrified. Thankfully, we did not take a direct hit and I did not even lose power. Even better, every single restaurant in Chinatown was open for business. This time we're sheltering in place, again at the behest of my mayor. We have water, peanut butter and bananas, and a crapload of dog food. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

NikkiO said...

And trashy magazines, right???? Please tell me you stocked up on People, US Weekly and Glamour!! What else are you gonna do for two days all hunkered down?