Wednesday, March 5, 2008

sticks and stones

So, I caucussed last night. Since I'd never caucussed before, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but for damn sure I didn't imagine anything to do with grown men and women taunting each other from opposite sides of a church parking lot. Yet, this is what I got. Ahh democracy.

Overheard at the caucus:
  • Hillary supporter: Good evening sir, are you here to support Hillary?
  • Obama supporter: No, I'm going to throw this in the garbage can, which you Hillary supporters are very appropriately standing in front of.
  • Hillary supporter: (stammering, after a moment of stunned silence) Oh yeah? Well if you were voting for Hillary, you would recycle that plastic bottle!!!
  • Hillary supporter: What did the precinct captain just say? I couldn't hear him.
  • Obama supporter: Don't worry, you can just have Bill explain it to you later, like you always do.
Meeow, Democrats! Can't we all just get along?

No comments: