Thursday, April 10, 2008

I hate jogging


It is a well-documented fact that I hate jogging. An adverse yet also well-documented fact is that the only way to make Cricket tired enough to let me watch Must See T.V. Thursday in peace is to take her on a mini-marathon around the hike and bike trail. The problem: how to do this without jogging. The solution: SKIPPING.

My name is Alison and I love skipping. I used to skip only behind closed doors, making circles around my dining room table. Occasionally, I would skip outside at dusk when nobody else was around. But yesterday, in plain view of at least four normal-seeming strangers, my ipod played Jenny From the Block. I dare you to listen to this song and not skip or have some other kind of involuntary rhythmic response (no, gagging does not count). Then, to seal the skipping-in-front-of-other-people deal, that mischievous ipod played Jurass Finish First. Listen to this song and you will see that I practically had no choice. In case you are not ready for skipping, another potentially viable alternative to jogging is marching, which you can totally do even if you can't straighten your arms all the way (175 degrees!!!)

No comments: