Monday, May 5, 2008

do not adjust your screen



This is an unadulterated, un-staged photo of Blaine's closet. I did not think that he had OCD, but I have been wrong about such things in the past. Notice how the hangers are evenly spaced and how the shirts are arranged by color/pattern. In case you think you caught him in error when you spied the two blue shirts nestled among the white shirts, rest assured that the placement of those shirts was 100% intentional. You see, those two blue shirts have white collars, which means that they must be separated from the other blue shirts by a vast expanse of patterned shirts, ha!

This weekend, Clay G. told us about the show "man caves," Have you seen it? I haven't, but it looks like some kind of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition for guys who have run out of things to complain about. I think that if Blaine were ever handed an opportunity to create a man cave of his own, he would say "No sir, no thank you. I don't need a man cave. I already have my own sanctuary -- a place where I can go when the world closes in -- it is my closet." Sometimes, when there are three days of dishes in the sink, when Cricket hair covers the sofa, and when my shoes pile up by the front door, I go upstairs to find Blaine sitting on the floor of his closet, hugging his knees to his chest, singing Kumbaya. It's sweet.



3 comments:

Jill said...

Please, please, please send Blaine to my house.

In case you wondered said...

I think I'm in love...

Matt said...

alison--all guys have OCD when it comes to stuff like this. also, nice work on just leaving all the sleeves rolled up, blaine. that's a very underrated bonus of re-wearing shirts.