Friday, June 6, 2008

ready to come home now.



I have been out of town for the last month. I've been to Beaumont, Atlanta, Jackson (MS), Dallas, San Antonio, and Beaumont again. On airplanes, I have been seated next to crying babies (not so bad) and weirdos who climb over me to get to the aisle from the window seat without any advance warning (unbearable). I am always seated directly in front of the person with the wettest, phlegmiest, hanta-virusy cough, aka "patient zero." I've eaten fast food, not exercised, failed to brush my teeth, neglected to remove my eye makeup, and fallen asleep to Sports Center's 2am broadcast more times than I can count. I've done all of this because I love my job and I love to travel. But as I sit at my computer and watch a three inch long reddish-brown cockroach wend its way around the walls of my hotel room, I think I'm ready to come home now.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

yes please come home :)

Poster Nutbag said...

funny - the cockroach on my kitchen floor makes me want to travel for a month.