Wednesday, June 18, 2008

tattoo you?

Are you the kind of girl who wants to get a tattoo but haven't yet because you haven't decided what you would get if you got one? I'm not. I'm the kind of girl who has finally decided what tattoo I would get if I got one but I haven't yet because I don't want one (me no likee needles). If I did want one, though, I would want something meaningful, something that really gets at the essence of what I am, and the essence of what I am is crazy indecisive. Unlike my friend Megan, who will actually stop reading a menu once she sees something that she'd like to eat (even if it's the first item!), I will sit for half an hour, stomach growling, agonizing over whether to get sausage or bacon with my eggs (is it link sausage? patty sausage? chorizo? it matters!). This is because, in most aspects of my life, I am a maximizer, as defined by Barry Schwartz in The Paradox of Choice. I will not buy a pair of jeans -- even if they fit me and are the right price -- unless I have tried on every single other pair of jeans in the mall. As for that tattoo -- it would have to be a question: "Yes or No", "This or That", "In or Out", "Up or Down." In Old English script, of course.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I would get a tattoo on my face, of your face.

I miss you. Lunch today or I'll ruin every TV show you love for the rest of your life. <3