Monday, June 30, 2008

why I am not a celebrity, reason #307

Last week, the Houston Chronicle published this photo along with its story on Diverseworks' Luck of the Draw 2008 art auction. When the photographer asked if he could take our photo, my first thoughts were: "Put your hand on your hip! Angle sideways! Rotate your shoulder forward! Hooray for Us Weekly!" Yet when the photographer took our plastic cups away and put us under the good light, my next thought was "Oh my God, don't pose like a big douchebag! Someone you know might see this!" The result: a hamhock for an upper arm. I should have given them Blue Steel! Must work on my posing.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Please, those arms are not hamhocks!
If you feel that they are, maybe you need some more Cross Fit.

Ashley said...

NONSENSE. You look fabulous.

Fabbity fab fabulous.
I'm glad we're related. I need to carry that article around and show people and tell them we're related. They will think higher of me, I'm sure.

xoxo

In case you wondered said...

You're famous! You both look great. Do you know how awesome it would be if you had struck the pose? Did you ever see pictures of Barbara at Jenna Bush's wedding? She struck it - and it looks all wrong off the red carpet.

In case you wondered said...

The pose:
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/LhDCN0v15F8/Henry+Hager+Jenna+Bush+Wedding/0G-3PJEyt38/Jenna+Bush

Alison said...

No more CF!!! I take it back.

I DID once strike the Paris Hilton pose when we went tubing in New Braunfels (the redneck riviera) with Nikki and Kevin -- it also did not translate off the red carpet. I think the photo was immediately deleted because it was searing our corneas.

NikkiO said...

http://nikkio-wellwhynot.blogspot.com/

Joey said...

I am so glad I have at least one famous friend. You look great. "Stars...they're just like US, they pose with their boyfriends..."