Friday, July 4, 2008

for the redneck who has everything


I'll admit it, I was as ready as the next tofu-eating, Larry-the-cable-guy-eschewing, doggie daycare using yuppie to ridicule the Back-Up; that is, until I read the FAQ section on the Back-Up's website. Now I'm completely sold. Don't believe me? Read on. The logic of the Back-Up is inescapable. Now all I need to do is sleep in my glasses and hope that the tooth fairy doesn't hit up the wrong house by mistake.

What is The Back-Up©?

  • The Back-Up is a rack that allows you to keep your shotgun within easy reach. Many people keep their guns on a bed stand, under a bed, in a closet or standing in a corner. However, none of these locations are safe because they do not give you easy access to your defensive tool when you really need it. Protection is effective only when it is readily available and easily used. Our unique patented design gives you quick and easy access to your protective device, while conveniently staying out of the way.

Why would I use The Back-Up© with a shotgun rather than a handgun?

  • While it is always best to use a weapon that you can handle and you are trained to use, there are several reasons why a shotgun is better than a handgun:
    A shotgun is visible and intimidating. You may be able to scare off an intruder without firing a shot.
    While a handgun uses merely single bullet, a shotgun has a spread pattern, which makes it easier to hit your target when you are under the stress of a home intrusion.
    Shotguns are safer for people in adjoining rooms. If you miss an intruder with a handgun, the bullet will go though the wall. A shotgun, using #4 shot, will stop any intruder but will not penetrate completely through many types of walls.

I already have a shotgun handy. Why not keep it where I have it?

  • Because you would have to get up and find it, losing valuable time.

Will The Back-Up© scratch or mark my shotgun?

  • The special Polymer material will not scratch the stock or the barrel of your shotgun. Also, both sides of the gun abut the padding and box spring on one side and the bedding on the other. Therefore there should be no occasion for The Back-Up© to scratch you shotgun.

I sleep on the right side of the bed. Can I use it there?

  • Because of our unique patented design, you can adjust to fit The Back-Up© on either side of the bed, placing it where it is most convenient for you. In fact, we suggest you have The Back-Up© on both sides of the bed.

I travel a lot for business or hunting. Is The Back-Up© portable?

  • Yes The Back-Up© is very light and portable. The unique patented design and construction gives you the ability to collapse it easily for travel, and place it wherever you need it.

1 comment:

NikkiO said...

Oh, great. One more thing I have to hide when the cleaning lady comes over!