Wednesday, September 3, 2008

step away from the Kool Aid

Blaine has taken this political season pretty hard. I could do an interpretive dance of his emotions over the last two weeks, but how do you express anger, confusion, anxiety, and shame all at once? The other day he turned to me, tears spilling onto his cheeks, and confessed that he had been inspired by the democrats' speeches last week and embarrassed by the republicans' -- not to mention the Star Spangled Banner sung by Gretchen Wilson, John Rich, and COWBOY TROY?!? (just YouTube it). Anyway, just when I thought he could sink no further, he turns to me tonight during Sarah Palin's speech and says, "You know? She's a lot like you."

2 comments:

Joey said...

Please tell me you punched him in the face when he said that.

Poster Nutbag said...

Cowboy Troy: 2nd black guy at the convention