Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oh the weather outside is 89 degrees and humid. . .


Have you ever had one of those days where nothing seemed to be going your way? Maybe your 401K was obliterated when the Dow lost a billion points, or perhaps your entire house was washed down Allen Parkway during Hurricane Ike. Worse yet, maybe you woke up to find that the cute pixie-ish haircut you fell asleep with turned into an unmistakeably female softball coach-type mullet overnight. If you need to turn your frown upside-down, you can do what I do -- visit your local Hallmark store to listen to the soothing sounds of Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. . . in October! Thank you, good folks at Hallmark, for reminding me about the truly important things in life!




3 comments:

Poster Nutbag said...

Man, you don't want to go to Lowe's then. Christmas decorations galore. I actually don't like it so much either (even though I still have my nativity scene up from last year, because once it's past June 25th you really might as well just leave it.) Christmas music I do like all the time, but "Grandma" is not Christmas music. It is hillbilly save-a-horse-ride-a-cowboy crap and inappropriate in any season.

NikkiO said...

The little animal on the ornament creeps me out. Is it a dog? or a cat? or a little bear? I'm tired of the middle of the road crap. You can't appeal to everyone. Hallmark, pick an animal and stick with it!

Alison said...

It's a fox, weirdo! Haven't you ever seen a fox hanging out with an eskimo?